Keeping it simple
Some of the things I’ve learnt (and recently relearnt) about keeping it simple:
- Tools don’t make the artist (or the writer, or the poet, etc), doing the work does.
- Making things simpler isn’t about trying new things, it’s about using less.
- Choice (whether that’s choosing between lots of ideas or tools) just complicates things.
- If what you do works for you, don’t change it needlessly.
- Start from wherever you are, don’t feel you need new things to discover the best work process (or tools), use what you have.
- New processes and ways of working will present themselves as you need them, don’t go looking for them.
My favorite is #6…….”New processes and ways of working will present themselves as you need them”