Prototype Design Camp believes:
- Students should be challenged to solve authentic, real-world problems.
- ‘Design Thinking’ is 21st Century pedagogy for solving real problems.
- Problems should be discovered by research in the real world.
- Students should be on teams with diverse skills and points of view.
- Brainstorming should be taught and highly valued.
- Proposed solutions should be tested over and over.
- Failure should be embraced as a valid part of the process.
- Prototypes should be presented to and reviewed by a professional jury.
- The curriculum should be made available to others to further develop.