Artists,A friend of mine Milt Dougherty passed along this message: “Promise Cyber School is looking to outsource some of its illustrations for their ESL workbooks. The plan is to do this via a bid process. Do you know a place to “advertise” this kind of work?” If anyone would like to inquire about offering their services, contact Milt at MDandA@lrmutual.com Kevin
Children’s Choice Book Award Winners Announced
The Children’s Book Council (CBC) in association with Every Child a Reader, Inc. (the CBC Foundation), has announced the winners of the third annual Children’s Choice Book Awards. Here is the list of this year’s winners.
- Author of the Year: James Patterson for Max (A Maximum Ride Novel) (Little, Brown)
- Illustrator of the Year: Peter Brown for The Curious Garden (Little, Brown)
- Kindergarten to Second Grade Book of the Year: Lulu the Big Little Chick written and illustrated by Paulette Bogan (Bloomsbury USA)
- Third Grade to Fourth Grade Book of the Year: Lunch Lady and the Cyborg Substitute written and illustrated by Jarrett J. Krosoczka (Knopf/Random House)
- Fifth Grade to Sixth Grade Book of the Year: Dork Diaries: Tales from a Not-so-fabulous Life written and illustrated by Rachel Renee Russell (Aladdin/Simon & Schuster)
- Teen Choice Book of the Year: Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (Scholastic)
Step It Up, Inc. is currently seeking a graphic design intern to assist the community organizer with the development of Step It Up, Inc. publication and event materials.
We are unable to offer a paying internship, however, Interns will be involved in many different projects and participate in many unique projects, gaining valuable experience for future positions.
Responsibilities/Duties: •Assist in designing program materials and handouts •Assist in designing event logos •Attend weekly meetings with Staff •Assist with the development of concepts for future projects •Special Projects as assigned •Assist Community Organizer as needed
The Graphic Design Intern will: •Gain real workplace experience •Gain internship credit (when required forms are submitted) •Have developed materials to include in their portfolio •Gain letters of reference for future job opportunities •Help support the success of local youth!
Salary / Pay Rate: n/a
Meet Cinch and Mingle! I created them for my Summer Camp Open House. Families had a chance to come by and see the site, chat with me and make some art.
The colors are custom made by combining yellow, red, blue and white Model Magic. I drew on them with black Sharpie Marker also.
These monster creatures love popcorn and fruit roll-ups!